Sunday, May 03, 2015

Staying In Motion / Ignoring The Commotion

                                 *staying in motion*

Back in the day? I was up in Louisville rolling up in the old school / big bodied Checker Cab...

That's how I had to play!! I wasn't styling and profiling walking down that Kentucky Derby Red Carpet!! at that particular time corporations weren't hiring brothas; others resorted to the smash and grab...

Morale was low; nobody would work with me!! in the heart of the hood some were drunk / smoked out / they snorted;  soon they were all up in rehab,  but they continue to relapse..

Fast forward to this present moment!! damn!! where is everybody? dude in the John Blake article at CNN mentioned "They got big numbers or they in pine boxes" due to hustle knocks; Oh!! I'm seeing how they do!! due to the deliberate falsehood the whole structure will eventually collapse..

We look beyond the immediate moment but we're not losing a grasp on reality; like the National Guard leaving Baltimore we're staying in motion / ignoring the commotion !! we had to take a chance!!

Beats and prose are used to attack this and that; we had to stay on guard like a goalie trying to prevent the other team from trying to score!!  we refuse to be a victim of circumstance..

Visualizing The Sequence;  but back in the day? I had a grasp on reality even when I was rolling in those old school Checkers..

Had to remix reality; like I was DJ Premier or DJ Khalid; making moves like chess or checkers...

Corporations weren't checking for us  just like they are today; they're more worried about offshore profits!  so how was a black man supposed to play? 

What's the color scheme? we had a Red October!! haters tried to go off on these prophets but  this brotha paid his dues back in the day...

Not back in the way!! I was up in the big Green Checker Cab up in Louisville; I was like Big Brown rolling through the street..

These days? Retro-Futuristic!! O-Zone is dipping down I-20 in Atlanta doing the knowledge /  O-Dog is catching wreck in the lab; we're staying in motion / ignoring the commotion / rolling discreet...

No comments: