Wednesday, April 09, 2014

The Roots / Don't Say Nuthin'

 Digital Crate Digging Continues...excuse me while I have a hip hop moment...checking out the The Roots ..with their classic hit Don't Say Nuthin'...I've even got the lyrics courtesy of  HipHopRapMuzic check out the lyrics and the track...

[Verse 1 - Black Thought] Yeah! That almighty amazing, ill, highly contagious Kamikaze SOUND splash like it shot from a gauge Until your body sound clash Head of the Class, Magna Cum Laude Beats bring the beast out me, flagrant - foul rowdy Reed PIPER deed tight, disposition keep on flippin Keep em playin they position Keep makin the people listen what I spin Put em out on a limb Got tears, got blood, got sweat, leakin out of the pen Y'all fake niggas not settin a trend We never listen to them It's like tryin to take a piss in the wind My home team doin visitors in, yo don't test em They all standin close to the edge, so don't stress em Now who the type built to last? It's no question, the Master! Villain in Black wit no STETSON My sound hittin you hard from every direction Your head and shoulder area, your midsection dawg!

[Chorus] When the SNAKE on the ground with his nine on THE line, with the n***az who grind with King Kong hittin Thailand. Give it here, and don't say nuthin', just give it here, give it here and don't say nuthin' When the team on the set with the guns gone clap, gettin down on everything, hmmm, cut the check. Give it here, give it here and don't say nuthin', Im sayin give it here and don't say nuthin'

[Verse 2 - Black Thought] Yeah, Illadel! Home of the original gun clappers Out on the wrong corner your shit'll get spun backwards You got the FOREWARNING, the rules, enter at risk Or your own nana'll keep a gat under the matress Shorties running reckless from Philly to Texas Suprising what niggas willing to do to get a NECKLACE Some emotions felt better left unexpressed At times niggas' crime record longer than a guest list Yes, I done seen things you wouldn't believe Seen people reach levels thought they'd never achieve Silhouettes waiting in the wings ready to FEED-- THIRSTY SHYTS WHO need at least a buck to breathe C'mon! Stick up kids, they be out to ATTACK Most times they be sticking you without the gats I'll still be on the grind when it all collapse And if it's my WORD'S BOND I'm a take it right back nigga



[Chorus]
[Verse 3 - Black Thought] Yeah, it ain't nothin like the rush I get in front of the band On stage wit the planet in the palm of my hand When a brother transform from anonymous man To the force, crush whoever might of thought I was playin I'ma FLANG some SINISTER SHIT, the cold TWISTA slang Thicker than BIG BOI BABY MOM'S SISTA Pain beyond measure, relaxed under pressure You see the masterpiece, but to me it's unperfected Give it here Geffen Records, I'm off the handle Cut the check, and yo it better be as heavy as anvils Next joint's comin, all bets is cancelled Nigga black ink, GRAND WIZARD G financial We finna have a whole industry at a stand still See me put the system on lock like CAMP HILL So get wit them endorsements, and call reinforcements Cause my CLIQUE come IN FOR A sizeable portion

[Chorus]
When the SNAKE on the ground with his nine on THE line, with the n***az who grind with King Kong hittin Thailand. Give it here, and don't say nuthin', just give it here, give it here and don't say nuthin' When the team on the set with the guns gone clap, gettin down on everything, hmmm, cut the check. Give it here, give it here and don't say nuthin', Im sayin give it here and don't say nuthin'
 

Random Thoughts From A Brotha: The Roots / Don't Say Nuthin'

No comments: